This week soared by and the trees are budding, the birds are singing and the flowers blooming.
We have all been relishing the record high warm temps, and making every opportunity to get outside!
One fave this week included a 8 mile bike ride in the country with hubs. It was a beautiful day, and we enjoyed being able to ride together.
Another favorite is grilling. Yes I grill through the winter, but it is so nice to now sit on the deck and relax while grilling. And not freeze, and have to wear gloves!
I made these scrumptious grilled ham steaks for Easter. I grew up eating this yummy ham treat, and now love to make them for my family
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 bone-in fully cooked ham steaks (1 pound each and 3/8 inch thick)
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 1-1/2 cups into a large resealable plastic bag; add ham steaks. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain and discard marinade. Grill ham steaks, covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until heated through, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 12 servings.
Also I had a good laugh when I came home the other day to find that my dear DAUGHTER and her friend had caught this little friend!
My last fave is this cool fire pot I purchased for enjoying while sitting on the deck. I didn’t really know what is was when I got it, but it looked cool! Fire comes out of the center of a ceramic pot. You simply pour a citronella gel into the center of the pot, light on fire…..and you have a nice flame! It’s actually quite relaxing to watch it on a nice night on the deck!
For more Friday Faves stop by and visit Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.